Friday 17 June 2011

ARTFUSION - DONE

Well, its all over. I have been pretty occupied over the past couple of months organizing the Artfusion  event , part of the Gibson Street Gala. I'm finally over all my sleepy recovery and ready to blog about it! I was a tired girl.

We had the raffle of all the murals (lucky winner Gillian of mine below) live art by Klingatron, a sculpture by Jenny MacGregor, window display by Lesley Barnes and artwork for sale by over 40 artists. What a day and I'm happy to say my anti- rain dance worked a treat and the rain stayed away. Although the wind was a little gusty! I witnessed a many artists grabbing onto artwork before it was blown into the river!

The exhibition 'Geometric Glasgow' is still in Offshore's Basement if you would like to take a look. It features one piece from all artists with work on show at Artfusion and runs until the end of the month.

All the run up to the event and more photos can be seen on the facebook page.

A massive thank you to all that made this day possible, I couldn't of done it on my own. Everyone working together on this created a successful event. I really enjoyed being involved in event that lets art connect with the public on such a large scale. 'Till the next one.


Thanks to Erika Stevenson and Lesley Barnes for the snaps. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers